The Linden Centre Highlighted in Documentary
October 07, 2011• Brian Linden from Linden Gallery and The Linden Centre were recently highlighted in a Hollywood produced documentary about China. The film, Dali- Love at First Sight, was directed by Chris D. Nebe, president of Monarex Hollywood Corporation. Nebe has produced and distributed over 150 movies throughout Europe and the U.S., including pictures by critically acclaimed directors such as Ron Howard, Roger Corman, and Jonathan Demme. He has spent the last five years working on a series of documentaries about China. Dali- Love at First Sight premiered in Hollywood on August 28 of this year.
The Linden Centre has continued to play a leading role in sustainable development and heritage preservation in China. The centre has remained the top rated hotel in China on Tripadvisor for over one year, and is currently a finalist for a number of international design awards.
While the Lindens have returned to China, their Ellison Bay gallery remains open through the end of October.
For more information about The Lindens' Centre visit www.linden-centre.com.
• It’s not too late for local residents to register for fall semester courses at the Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) Sturgeon Bay campus. The campus offers a wide selection of credit courses that start in October and November.
“These courses allow students to take another class or two that will help them achieve their career goals in a time-frame that may better fit their schedules,” said Sally Martin, NWTC Dean of Community and Regional Learning Services.
Located at 229 N 14th Avenue, the Sturgeon Bay campus offers a variety of late-start credit courses in fields such as business, computers, general studies, health care, accounting, and more. In addition, regional learning center staff can help students register for classes and answer any questions. Academic advising and financial aid counseling are also available.
For more information about NWTC short courses, visit www.nwtc.edu/newclasses or call NWTC Sturgeon Bay at 920.746.4900 or toll-free at 800.422.NWTC ext 4900.
• Northeast Wisconsin job seekers are invited to attend Northeast Wisconsin Job Center’s 8th Annual Job Fair on Wednesday, October 12, from 10 am – 3 pm, at Riverside Ballroom, 1560 Main Street, Green Bay.
“This event gives area job seekers an opportunity to directly connect with local employers who are looking to fill numerous positions within their respective companies,” said Brian Pelon, district director, Bay Area Job Service.
The Job Fair is being held in conjunction with Wisconsin Job Center, Bay Area Workforce Development Board, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, and Riverside Ballroom. Job fair opportunities include:
• Recruiting for many occupations in manufacturing, production, sales and marketing, office/clerical/administrative, hospitality, customer service, health care, general labor, engineering, transportation/logistics/distribution, and many more fields.
• Career planning assistance from Job Center and NWTC staff.
• Fifty employers on site to take applications
For more call 920.448.6772.