Venetian boat parade at Fish Creek's Summer Festival.
June 29, 2012Fish Creek’s Summer Festival takes place at Clark Park on July 7 for the Independence Day celebration.
The festival features food, drinks, live music from a DJ, a dunk tank, and beginning at 3 pm everyone is invited to partake in a water balloon toss, sack races, and tug-of-war.
New this year is a Cherry Pie Eating Contest, prizes and gift certificates will be awarded in various categories. Big Mouth and the Power Tool Horns will perform from 6 – 10 pm.
A Venetian boat parade is scheduled for 8 pm, and fireworks follow at 10 pm. Miss Wisconsin, Kimberly Sawyer; Fox 11's Rachel Manek; and Mike Mesic from 106.9 The Lodge are the celebrity Boat Parade judges. Prizes will be awarded for Best Illuminated, Best Decorated, Best Dockside, and the Golden Anchor trophy.
In honor of Independence Day, Senior Chief Petty Officer Michael G. McCarty of Brussels will be aboard the lead boat, Tug Neptune. McCarty has served the U.S. since 1987, including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. All boaters must register to be judged. To request an application, call the Fish Creek Information Center at 920.868.2316.
For more information visit www.visitfishcreek.com or call 800.577.1880.
2012 Fish Creek Summer Festival Schedule of Events
Wednesday, July 4
• 8:30 am – Hairpin Run, starting at the bottom of the Fish Creek Hill by Baylake Bank
Saturday, July 7
• 12 pm – Concessions from local non-profits, dunk tank, live music by DJ Steve Sherman, raffles, gibby wear will be for sale
• 3 pm – Old-time games – water balloon toss, sack races, tug-of-war; cherry pie-eating contest with various prizes
• 6 – 10 pm – Music by Big Mouth and the Power Tool Horns
• 8 pm – Venetian Boat Parade
• 10 pm – Fireworks over the bay